Sunday, July 18, 2010

San Antonio!!






















Nathan was off to EFY last week. We left on Friday to drive to San Antonio. We arrived and went to visit the Alamo. We live in Texas!! What can we say. . . we needed to see it.

I understood it wasn't anything much so my expectations were low. I ended up really loving it! A man who worked there gave an outstanding oral narrative.

We then walked across the street to the River Walk. Again, I was expecting a river with a regular running trail on it. I was surprised to find an Italy like place. We walked along the river, got a ride on one of the boat tours and ate on the river. Soooo fun!!!

I left my backpack at the restaurant. I didn't realize it until we were done with the boat tour. I had Doug run through the crowds. Luckily someone had just turned it in. I was sweating it! It had my credit cards, cash, license and my MP3 player. . . Sooo lucky!

As we walked along the river, Nathan sent a text to Doug letting him know that he had just met the Riley girls. They were at EFY too. He hadn't seen them since he was 3 years old. He only recognized them by their last name. He also ran into Lizzie. Jeanette's sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment