Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nathan's Eagle Court of Honor

An Eagle Scout is faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. It's a bird, its a plane. . . no . . . its just Nathan!
Yes. . . I was holding his legs up. He is strong, but not that strong.



Dear Family,





Last Sunday was Nathan and his friend Jaron's Eagle Court of Honor. It was a wonderful event! We were surprised with how many people showed up! We planned on 25-30 because so many of our ward members are on vacation. The Ludwall's and I made a total of 8 pies. A few hours before I thought, maybe I should bring extra food just in case. We can always enjoy chocolate mousse pie leftovers! I made a double pan of brownies, two extra pies and some ice cream. We were surprised when we had around 75 in attendance! Wow! Not a speck of food was left over. I would have enjoyed a piece. It is a good thing I sampled everything as I made it : ).





The meeting was just about to get underway. Brother Amsden, who was conducting, was at the stand ready to begin. Cameron, who was one of the first speakers, whispered, "Mom, I left my talk in the car." I looked around and didn't see the keys. Doug checked his pockets and no keys! We told Brother Amsden, but he was not about to wait! Finally, we spotted the keys. Cameron scrambled out the door as Brother Amsden began the meeitng. Cameron made it in at the flag ceremony and then spoke on the example older boys set. He did a wonderful job. Later Doug gave a nice tribute to Nathan.

The bishop also spoke. . . Doug the week before in priesthood, had given the rowdy 14 year old teachers the scripture dad likes to use. . .


1 Corinthians 13:11


"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."


When he shared the scripture the boys became very quiet and listened carefully.

The bishop's son went home and told his dad about it. The bishop liked it so much he used it in his remarks. I remember thinking as he shared it, even though dad couldn't be here his thoughts were!

Nathan and Jaron earlier in the week put together a cute slide show. It was fun to see and to bring back great memories of the years.


Later Nathan gave a "thank you" to his parents and leaders. I hadn't heard his remarks earlier so I really enjoyed his thoughts. Nathan and Jaron then sang, "Called to Serve". It was wonderful!

The stake president was in attendance so he was asked if he would like to give a few remarks. He shared wonderful stories and experiences that really topped off the night. We wish you all lived closer and could have been there.



We love you!

Catherine








No comments:

Post a Comment